January 20, 2017
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Department: General Administration
Location: Corporate Headquarters, Northbrook, IL
Marathon Pharmaceuticals, LLC, is a biopharmaceutical company that develops treatments for rare diseases, with a focus on patients who currently have no treatment options. The company’s pipeline of new medicines includes treatments for rare neurological and movement disorders.
Marathon is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, with offices in Chicago, New Jersey, Boston and Washington D.C. For more information, visit www.marathonpharma.com.
At Marathon, it is our life’s work to pursue innovative technology and solutions that bring life-enhancing therapies to patients in need. This simple but powerful vision provides the passion behind our commitment to help people live healthier lives.
The Administrative Assistant position primary responsibilities is to support the Commercial Team and provide a wide variety of professional administrative services and support for various corporate executives, departments, or individual(s). The desired candidate for this role must be versatile, detail oriented, and able to prioritize administrative work while supporting corporate initiatives. This position is located at our corporate office in Northbrook, IL.
- Provide professional administrative support to the Commercial department / individuals which may include:
- Coordinates travel arrangements via CONCUR; completes expense reports and processes invoices; ensures that correct account codes are used and required signatures are obtained.
- Coordinates meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, making arrangements for catering needs; works in tandem with the other administrative assistants.
- Schedules, coordinates and executes conference calls, webinars and department meetings.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and legal guidelines.
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform assigned work. Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including Corporate Travel website and other programs.
- Provides daily backup for the reception area and also provides phone back up for the CEO’s direct line as needed.
- Assists with the coordination and assembly of presentation materials.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to maintain flexibility at all times.
- Ability to process sensitive work and confidential material.
- Prepares and ship packages.
- Handles confidential material relevant to company operations, including preparation of executive level correspondence.
- Thoroughly manages executive-level travel itineraries with close attention to detail, meeting locations, time zone differences, providing a written itinerary for all business travel.
- Support various department personnel as needed.
- Other miscellaneous duties, administrative and projects as assigned including acting as the department face with visitors or new employees in the department.
- Minimum 5 years of administrative assistant related experience. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience providing support to a VP level or equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, VISIO and understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Self-starter able to function at a high level with general instruction.
- Team-oriented, can-do attitude and desire to be productive contributor to overall organization.
- Learns quickly and can change course quickly when needed.
- Open to suggestions and innovation for improvement.
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Marathon Key Competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to direct and drive performance initiatives and processes within the organization.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to achieve goals and objectives to deliver positive results.
- Applies clinical, analytical, economic, and marketplace knowledge and skills to develop strategies that fuel business growth.
Influence & Impact:
- Uses a wide variety of persuasive skills and communication methods to effectively drive Regional business results.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders to gain alignment and generate results for business initiatives.
Adapting & Prioritizing:
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, adapt and prioritize for results within a complex changing environment at both the individual and team levels.
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day).
- Ability to lift up to 5-10 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Marathon Pharmaceuticals wants to hear from job-seekers who share our commitment to serving patients who need us most. Email us at email@example.com
this is the most recent article
Previous Article - Sep 21, 2016
Manager Business Analytics, MHC