September 20, 2016
Specialty Sales Representative – Rare Disease / Orphan Drug – Northeast | Upstate New York
Job Title: Specialty Sales Representative – Rare Disease / Orphan Drug
Reports to: Regional Sales Director
Department: Commercial Sales
Territory: Upstate New York
Marathon Pharmaceuticals, LLC, is a biopharmaceutical company that develops treatments for rare diseases, with a focus on patients who currently have no treatment options. The company’s pipeline of new medicines includes treatments for rare neurological and movement disorders.
Marathon is headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, with offices in Chicago, New Jersey and Washington D.C.
At Marathon, it is our life’s work to pursue innovative technology and solutions that bring life-enhancing therapies to patients in need. This simple but powerful vision provides the passion behind our commitment to help people live healthier lives.
The Specialty Sales Representative is directly responsible for representing Marathon Pharmaceuticals products to medical professionals specializing in the diagnostics and treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) within their assigned geography.
This is an opportunity to build a territory from the ground up and to launch a new treatment option for a previously unmet disease. We are looking for experienced sales professionals who put patients first – who are not only passionate about selling our products, but who also understand the importance of working as part of team that includes patient advocacy and patient access services.
- Achieve assigned sales objectives in a compliant manner.
- Clearly understand and implement goals of the marketing plan and attain sales/patient objectives for assigned products on a monthly, quarterly and/or yearly basis.
- Work in a matrix environment encompassing Patient Access providers and Medical Science Liaisons.
- Create business partnerships with customers by meeting regularly with targeted physicians and staff within assigned geography to understand their needs and discuss ways Marathon products can meet their identified needs.
- Identify key treatment centers and facilitate cross-collaboration between treatment centers and their stakeholders to optimize patient care.
- Develop and leverage relationships with all applicable patient and DMD focused advocacy groups.
- Utilize a consultative selling approach. This will be a highly technical, solution-oriented selling technique enabling the representative to meet the needs of healthcare professionals who treat DMD patients.
- Identify and resolve product access and reimbursement issues.
- Cultivate key thought leaders in the assigned therapeutic disease state.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degrees in the areas of life science, business, or healthcare are preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare sales experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of rare disease, orphan drug or highly specialized sales experience (previous Neurology experience highly desirable). This includes selling high cost products that are distributed through a specialty pharmacy and require extensive coordination with patient access services.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and successfully growing and managing a territory in prior roles. Experience in “start-up” environments and new products launches is preferred.
- Previous selling experience in specialized clinics, hospitals and academic centers is a must as well as ability to perform complete account selling.
- Ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop strategic and actionable business plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate alignment with Marathon values and cultures.
Marathon Key Competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to direct and drive performance initiatives and processes within the organization.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to achieve goals and objectives to deliver positive results.
- Applies clinical, analytical, economic, and marketplace knowledge and skills to develop strategies that fuel business growth.
Influence & Impact:
- Uses a wide variety of persuasive skills and communication methods to effectively drive Regional business results.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders to gain alignment and generate results for business initiatives.
Adapting & Prioritizing:
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, adapt and prioritize for results within a complex changing environment at both the individual and team levels.
- This is a field based position. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a personal automobile with an active vehicle insurance policy. Must be able to travel on a daily basis to/from customer accounts and drive long distances (distances will vary based upon the size of assigned territory).
- This position may require overnight travel, the amount of which will vary based upon the assigned territory. In addition to travel within the territory, occasional overnight and/or weekend travel outside of the assigned territory for sales meetings is required.
- Daily entry to hospitals and other medical facilities is required. Many facilities have instituted vendor credentialing policies which require vendors to meet defined training, background check and proof of immunization requirements as a condition of entry. Marathon employees entering these facilities are required to abide by these credentialing requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Marathon Pharmaceuticals wants to hear from job-seekers who share our commitment to serving patients who need us most. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Article - Sep 20, 2016
Specialty Sales Representative - Rare Disease / Orphan Drug - Southeast | Dallas
Previous Article - Sep 20, 2016
Specialty Sales Representative - Rare Disease / Orphan Drug - Northeast | Pittsburgh